The occurrences and happenings at Shalbourne Soaring Society. A gliding club near Andover, Newbury and Hungerford.

St George's Day

Driving through Hungerford on the way to the club I began to wonder if I'd stumbled on an EDL rally until I realised it was St George's Day - George Cross flags every where.  Hive of activity when I got to the club including the toilets being cleaned.  I promised Chris not to let on who did it in case his wife reads the blog.
Then it was time to fit in some flying - the steady wind down the strip promised some great launches.  Unfortunately the 1,300' cloudbase never gave us a chance to find out what might have been possible.  It didn't take long before there was no one else waiting to fly and the hangar was packed as the rain settled in.
Updating my logbook just now I discovered that I clocked up my 5,000th launch - 7 minutes solo in the Puchacz was not exactly a special flight to mark the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment