The occurrences and happenings at Shalbourne Soaring Society. A gliding club near Andover, Newbury and Hungerford.

1st is best. Look what I found.

I was vainly looking to see if I had a IGC ranking this year. (Of course I don't). But came across this:

http://igcrankings.fai.org/index_womens.php?rowstodisplay=20

Rather good and many congratulations!
Very well deserved.

I can personally vouch for  Liz's abilitiy to fly a glider as I recently had the misfortune to fly with Liz and she made a horrible day seem like a pleasant nightmare rather than the end of the world. A real masterclass on how not to hit the ground on a day that was almost impossible (the bit we went anyway).
Well done Liz!!!

1 comment:

  1. I thank you Chris for alerting the club to that extremely pleasing result. But as you'll see if you go to the full list rather than the Women's ranking, I'd just like to add that there are 52 people in the world who'd better watch out...

    Seriously, I'm chuffed to bits about it!!:))

    And goodness Chris is right re that day we flew together recently - hardest work I've done in ages. I wonder what was the common theme???

    ReplyDelete