The occurrences and happenings at Shalbourne Soaring Society. A gliding club near Andover, Newbury and Hungerford.

Sunday flying at Nympsfield.

Well I went down to Nympsfield and flew with Trevor Stuart in his Nimbus 3 and he coached me on how to run the north end of the ridge.
It was apparently an ‘easy day’ but I really can’t see how any of what we flew was at all easy, the bits I flew left me with a concentration headache which lasted hours after. I always know when I am learning something as it’s really quite painful.
I heard calls of other local gliders climbing to fl150 but we stayed down and dirty on the ridge, either with it close to our sides or just above us!
3 hours 40 minutes and now I have to try it on my own. Anyone want to collect me out of the field I WILL be landing in??

No comments:

Post a Comment