The occurrences and happenings at Shalbourne Soaring Society. A gliding club near Andover, Newbury and Hungerford.

Task Week Day 2

After yesterdays multiple flights today's conditions were no where near as good but that didn't mean that we did not go XC. Colin very kindly just flew a circuit in the LS3 and then let me have a go as Carol and Geoff Seaman had the Janus. Jim launched first having loaded the Nimbus up with 4 barrels of water and set off like a scalded cat in the direction of Newbury. Carol and Geoff kindly waited for me join them after I had spent about 10 minutes at 800ft over Shalbourne before climbing away. Bullington Cross was supposed to be our first TP but poor conditions around Whitchurch made me turn back and head back towards the club. Carol made the TP and headed onwards in the direction of Didcot finally turning Oxford South and enjoying(?) a marginal final glide back.
Jim and I made it just past Didcot before deteriorating conditions made us turn back. With Jim calling out where the good lift was under a very dark street I managed to get back to Rivar.

1 comment: