The occurrences and happenings at Shalbourne Soaring Society. A gliding club near Andover, Newbury and Hungerford.

Sunny sunday (for mid November).

Another unexpectedly nice day for mid November with winds south of east and a fairly strong increase at height. I sat on the winch basking in the warm autumn sun and occasionally pulling a glider into the air. A little music in my ears and a good book was all I needed or wanted for the day, oh and very pleasant company from the members who turned out to fly. James H was busy getting the Vega trailer finished, and very nice it looks too, Jim had a splendid flight, nearly got the glider on the ground (thanks to Tim’s coaching) and was beaming with pleasure. Trevor took over winching for the afternoon shift which is when we coincidently started getting better winch launches, and I jumped into the Ka13 with Phil to finish off my checks. A very pleasant day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment