The occurrences and happenings at Shalbourne Soaring Society. A gliding club near Andover, Newbury and Hungerford.

Wednesday 21st July

The Shalbourne Local Soaring Society were out in force today with a handful of gliders rigged plus the complete club fleet kept busy. I'm not sure if anyone went anywhere much, but broad grins all round were the measure of the enjoyment. For my part I finally got around to flying the Vega. All in all one of the nicest gliders I have flown and a fantastic addition to our fleet.

Colin

1 comment:

  1. 30 launches, half of which were longer than 30 minutes. 4 private gliders were rigged (and flown). Cloudbase a bit variable - over Burbage I climbed to 4,200, about 15 mnutes later I met cloudbase at 3,800 near Andover. Some good streets but also large areas of sink at times. Wind picked up and got quite blustery by mid afternoon so climbs got lively.

    ReplyDelete